Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday

Where is that Monday's are the worst day of any week?

To start with you know that trying to make school lunches are going to be a nightmare, just because you have no, well anything. Town is to far away to attend on Sunday and shopping with kids on your own is something only crazy people do, so bread has to be held on to like the gold that fossikers were after late last century.

Then there's the issue of stuff. You know that as soon as you turn on the shower, the first question you will need to answer is, "Mum where's my..................?" Like now is the best time to ask me. What are you thinking? Have your eyes fallen out of your head or something, or is that fact that I am now dripping wet the moment when everything becomes cruical?

Its not that I don't like having the kids all to myself, I mean there are moments that I absolutely adore, but Monday mornings is not it.

Take this morning for example. Daughter (E) decided that because she doesn't like sandwiches, she needs to find something else to eat at lunch, hence 2 minute noodles have become a staple of my shopping basket. I understand that they have no nutritional value beyond the fact that they taste like cardboard and so I can only assume have the same energy value. But when do you think she needs to ask about eating them at school?
That's right just as I was closing my eyes to enjoy the water run down my head.
The only thing you can reply at moments like this is "Yes, E, have noodles, I'm sure they're great for you." Happy with the answer she rushes off to pretend that she is finishing the rush before the school bus gets here.

So until next Monday.........................................have a happy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment